With premium memberships FREE for Grannies - we have the thousands of these senior ladies listed in our database. It takes less than a minute to register and soon you will be able to grab a granny for yourself.What's more, with our Granny Dating network, you get access to unmatched features like advanced and customised search, IMs, real-time chat, personality profiles and more.
Located in the far north of the county, Atherstone forms part of the border with Leicestershire along the A5 national route, and is only 4 miles from Staffordshire.
It lies midway between the larger towns of Tamworth and Nuneaton and contains the administrative offices of North Warwickshire Borough Council.
There are hamlets near the church and at Yarningale, Kington, Lye Green, and Gannaway; and there is also a group of houses near the school. 12 villages with a priest and 14 smallholders have 5 ploughs. Meadow, 16 acres; woodland, 1 league; when exploited, value 10s.
The Manor of Claverdon is recorded in the Domesday Book as part of the lands of the Count of Meulan, Robert of Beaumont who had inherited Meulan through his mother. The value was 40s; now £4." The estate passed to the Earls of Warwick when Robert's brother, Henry, keeper of Warwick Castle since 1068, was created Earl of Warwick soon after 1086 and was granted Robert's Warwickshire lands, shortly after supplemented again by those of Thorkell of Arden.
Upon the death of Andrew Archer in 1741 the larger portion of his estate including the manor of Claverdon and the chief farms therein known as Park, Lodge, Breach, Gannaway, and the Reddings descended to his eldest son Thomas, created first Baron Archer of Umberslade in 1747.
William Webb Ellis was the second son of James Ellis and Ann Webb, they were married in Exeter in 1804.
Claverdon's toponym comes from the Old English for "clover hill".
which includes the township of Langley to the south, and formerly comprised the manors of Claverdon, Langley, Kington (to the south-west), and Songar (in the south-east).
It states; "In Ferncombe Hundred, (Clavendone) Claverdon, Bovi held it; he was a free man. It was forfeited in 1397 by Thomas de Beauchamp, 12th Earl of Warwick, for treason and granted, to Thomas, Earl of Kent, but restored to the Earl on the accession of Henry IV.
In 1487 it came to the Crown and passed through various hands, being leased in 1517 for 21 years to Thomas Sherwyn, and its demesnes to Roger Walford, In, December 1547, the lordship was granted to John Dudley, Earl of Warwick, after whose execution the manor, in June 1554, was assigned to his widow Joan for life.
So, is why is Go Granny UK's #1 Granny Dating website?